It seems like I broke my promises in the previous post. Things have moved quickly in the past year, not to mention I've kept myself busy with many non-blog activities... And yet I haven't stopped my Android addiction! *grin*
I think I've owned too many devices in the past year, and just when I thought I would slow down I went ahead and bought a new one.
So I won't be reviewing all those devices I mentioned previously, I'll just give a short list of events (by which I mean phones acquired or updated) and my quick impressions.
* Shape Lynx 3D updated to Froyo: good update for 2011, made the phone usable and fixed many of the lags experienced before. Still the phone was ancient times by then and I was ready to move on
* Acquired Sharp Aquos Phone f SH-13C, with wireless charging and 3.7 inch screen. Solid device running gingerbread, but still suffering from Sharp software bugs and slow boot times. Unlocked, so it was useful on trips outside japan and wireless charging was a nice novelty I hope to see more widespread.
* LG Optimus Pad: so much wasted potential.. Hardware was amazing despite the extra weight compared to similar sized tablets from Samsung. Software stayed stuck at Android 3.1 with no further updates or seemingly interest from LG. Sold it in October before leaving Japan.
* AU Digno ISW11K by Kyocera, great little waterproof and wimax enabled phone from Kyocera. Screen amazingly viewable in sunlight, poor camera and horrible battery when considering the added strain of wimax and wifi tethering.
* AU Arrows Z ISW11F by Fujitsu, another great device with Sony Exmor camera hardware, dual core cpu, 720p screen, which however is unusable in moderate sunshine. Battery left a lot to be desired, and software presents some instability though not as much as Sharp's offerings. Still using it and trying to avoid upgrading right away..
* Sony Xperia Ray, unbranded, won from a contest. I was most amazed by the battery life, good phone in such a small package but the trends definitely favors large screen. Waiting for ICS updates, it's taking forever it seems...
* finally, as an upgrade for my Ray which I was using while outside Japan, I bought an HTC One X! Review coming... I'm impressed by the phone, I'll say that much!